THE OWAMBE VIBE
Today's blog post is about what people look forward to at an "owambe"
What is owambe?
Owambe is a traditional wedding party commonly done by the Yoruba people of Nigeria.
DAYS OF OWAMBE
As we know there are 7 days in a week but owambe can't be done on the 7days; owambe is mostly done on Thursdays and Saturdays.
TYPE OF FOOD
- Nigeria jollof rice
- Semo/Amala and egusi/vegetable soup
- Porridge yam
- Beans and plantain (I was in shock too when I heard this😲)
- Small chops
- Coke and Fanta (Nigerians favourite go to)
REASONS FOR ATTENDANCE
- It helps with networking
- It helps reduce boredom
- For some to find their dream man/ woman
- To chill out and have fun
WHAT TO WEAR
- In an owambe party you could belong to the asoebi gang(the girls in uniformed lace fabric)
- You can decide to go for an Ankara fabric and sew it into any style you want
How I styled my self for an owambe party
Photography: @itolu_ (Tolu Owoeye)
- Ankara shift dress (Tailor made)
- Green heels (Aldo)
- Brown leather bag
- Hair style: Ghana weaving
Thank you for stopping by, do have a lovely weekend❤❤.
Kindly leave a comment in form of "Disqus".